Pavel Durov's rules of life

One person's faith is enough to change the world. The creator of the largest social network in Runet shared some of his thoughts.

Today we know that everything can be changed, and each of us has the ability to implement any idea. Recently, the SCNARC center calculated that 10% of convinced supporters are enough for an idea to convert the remaining 90% of society to their side.

1. Do what you like. Learn. Learn. Develop. Change yourself from within. The golden rule says - do what gives real pleasure, and then you will become much happier.

2. Eliminate the garbage that you eat, drink and smoke every day.

3. Learn foreign languages. There are 60 million Russian-speaking Internet users. English speakers - a billion. Knowledge of English is no longer just a whim of intellectuals, but a vital necessity.

4. Read books. The golden rule is to read/listen to at least one book a week. That's 50 books a year that will change your life.

5. Make the most of every weekend.

6. Set goals, fix them on paper, in Word or blog. The main thing is that they be clear, understandable and measurable. If you set a goal, you can either achieve it or not. If you do not put, then there are no options for achieving at all.

7. Learn to type blindly on the keyboard. Time is one of the few treasures you have, and you should be able to type almost as fast as you can think. And you should not think about where the desired letter is, but about what you write.

8. Ride time. Learn to manage your affairs so that they work almost without your participation. For starters, read Allen (Getting Things Done) or Gleb Arkhangelsky. Make decisions quickly, act immediately, do not delay. All things either do or delegate to someone.

9. Give up computer games, aimless sitting on social networks and stupid surfing on the Internet. Minimize communication in social networks, leave one account. Destroy the TV antenna in the apartment.

10. Stop reading the news. All the same, everyone around will talk about key events.

11. Learn to get up early. The paradox is that in the early hours you always have more time than in the evening. A person needs 7 hours of sleep, subject to high-quality physical activity and normal nutrition.

12. Try to surround yourself with decent, honest, open, intelligent and successful people.

13. Go in for sports. Yoga, rock climbing, biking, horizontal bars, parallel bars, football, running, plyometrics, swimming, functional training are the best friends of a person who wants to restore tone to the body and get a surge of endorphins. And forget about the elevator.

14. Do unusual things. Go somewhere you've never been before, take a different route to work, sort out a problem you don't know anything about. Get out of your "comfort zone", expand your knowledge and horizons. Rearrange furniture at home, change appearance, hairstyle, image.

15. Get rid of junk.

16. Forget what happened in the past. Take with you from there only experience, knowledge, good relations and positive impressions.

17. Don't be afraid. There are no insurmountable obstacles, and all doubts live only in your head. You don't have to be a warrior, you just need to see the goal, avoid obstacles and know that you will achieve it without a single chance to experience failure.

And another statement by Pavel Durov:

“You know these people - they arise whenever one of us offers a goal or a solution. Skeptics, materialists, kitchen intellectuals who are not sure of anything but one thing: problems are eternal, the world is complicated, everything is decided for them.

This disbelief in the possibility of changing the world is worse than laziness, drunkenness or drug addiction. Because that is what causes them. Often skepticism is presented under the guise of "experience", "knowledge of life" or logic; often camouflaged with the words "this is not professional", "no one does this" or "this is not accepted".

Today we know that everything can be changed, and each of us has the ability to realize any idea. Recently, the SCNARC center calculated that 10% of convinced supporters are enough for an idea to convert the remaining 90% of society to their side.

Convinced people may be less than 10% - 5, 2, even a thousandth of a percent of the population. But if their faith in success and devotion to the idea is unshakable, they cannot be resisted.

In the extreme case, for changes of any scale, the faith of one person is enough. Yours, for example."

"Private Correspondent"