Learning from the experience of others, saving your own forehead from the bumps that others have already stuffed more than once, is possible. Written by Regina Brett, Cleveland, Ohio.
Written by Regina Brett, Cleveland, Ohio.
”… When I turned 45, I wrote a column about 45 lessons that taught me about life… I added five more lessons when I turned 50. Readers emailed them all over the world, but someone added the following: "Author Regina Brett, 90." For reference: today I am 54 years old …” dated 2010
1. Life is unfair, but still good.
2. When in doubt, take another step forward.
3. Life is too short to waste it on hatred.
4. Work won't take care of you when you're sick. Your friends and parents will do it. Take care of these relationships.
5. Pay off your credit card debt every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree or disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It heals better than crying alone.
8. It is permissible to be angry with God. He will understand.
9. Save for retirement from the first salary.
10. When it comes to chocolate, it's pointless to resist.
11. Make peace with your past so that it does not spoil your present.
12. You can afford to cry in front of your children.
13. Don't compare your life with someone else's. You have no idea what they're really going through.
14. If the relationship is supposed to be secret, you shouldn't be involved in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry: God never misses a beat.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of everything that is not useful, beautiful or funny.
18. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. However, a second childhood is entirely up to you.
20. When it's time to follow what you really love in this life, don't say no.
21. Burn candles, use good sheets, wear nice underwear. Nothing to save for a special occasion. That special occasion is today.
22. Prepare abundantly, and then come what may.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait to be old enough to wear bright red clothes.
24. The most important organ in sex is the brain.
25. No one but you is responsible for your happiness.
26. In any so-called catastrophe, ask the question: Will it matter in five years?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everything and everyone.
29. What others think of you should not worry you.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. Whether the situation is good or bad, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself seriously. Nobody does it.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because he is God, not because you did something or not.
35. No need to study life. You show up in it and do as much as you can.
36. Getting old is a better alternative than dying young.
37. Your children have only one future.
38. All that matters in the end is that you experienced love.
39. Go out for a walk every day. Miracles happen everywhere.
40. If we put all our problems together and compared them with someone else's, we would quickly take ours.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have everything you need.
42. However, the best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, get dressed and go out in public.
44. Give in.
45. Although life is not tied with a bow, it is still a gift.