You will be more successful in all endeavors if you start getting enough sleep. In the modern world, everyone barely gets up in the morning, rarely gets enough sleep, falls down in the evening, constantly sleepy and tired. Familiar? How to sleep well? Secrets of a good and full sleep.
“I set a song by Olga Buzova on my alarm clock. Now I get up 10-15 minutes earlier so as not to hear it ”
We spend 40% of our time at work, and 30% sleep. It's 6-9 hours every day. A person spends a significant part of his life in a dream, and the rest of his dream is to sleep.
Good sleep is the foundation of everything. The quality of sleep affects daily well-being, health and productivity during the day. Good sleep is the key to any business. Enhance the quality of your life with a single improvement in your sleep schedule and routine.
How to sleep well? Tips for sound sleep
1. Choose a place to sleep. Buy a quality bed and a good mattress. Investing in sound sleep is a smart and correct decision made by smart people.
2. Get up right away. Wake up from the first alarm, don't push it 5 minutes ahead. You will enter a new cycle of deep sleep, which will make it even harder to get up and worsen your condition. Place your alarm clock where you can't reach it without getting out of bed.
3. Find the best amount of sleep. Try to find the optimal number of hours of sleep in which you feel sleepy and rested. Most adults sleep a maximum of 6 hours, although at least 7-9 hours are needed.
4. Pick a sleep schedule. Find your own sleep schedule that makes you feel the best. The lifestyle of the lark is said to be closer to biological needs than that of an owl. It is better to get up early and go to bed earlier than to get up late and go to bed late.
5. The direction of the head during sleep. In the east, lie down with your head at sunrise. In the west, they sleep with their heads to the north. It is believed that a dream to the north is healing, to the east - gives wisdom, to the south - longevity, to the west - anger and envy. Here you choose.
6. Take a shower. A contrast shower, an hour before bedtime, helps to quickly plunge into the arms of the god Morpheus.
7. Go in for sports. Regular training gives the body the necessary physical activity. This allows you to keep the body in good shape, and sleep makes it stronger.
8. Wake up under bright light. Bright light from the sun or light bulbs sends signals to the brain. This helps you wake up faster. Do not look at the blue screen of your phone when checking messages. This can cause despondency and irritation right from the very morning.
9. Avoid dangerous drinks in the late afternoon. Try not to drink coffee after dinner if you have trouble falling asleep. Alcohol impairs sleep and makes it restless.
10. Proximity before going to bed. Research has shown that sex before bed can help you fall asleep faster and sleep better. Save on antidepressants and sleeping pills, replacing them with somersaults in bed with your girlfriend.
11. Avoid the color blue. In the evening, the sun takes on a more yellow light, which promotes normal sleep. But the screens of the TV, computer and phone give off blue colors. Use programs for computer (f.lux) and phone (Twilight) to change screen brightness.
12. Adjust the temperature. Set the temperature in the room a little lower than normal. Sleep better in the cold.
13. Make darkness for better sleep. Make sure the bedroom is completely dark. Thick curtains will guard a good sleep.
14. Add fresh air. Ventilate the room before going to bed or leave it on micro-ventilation. This helps you fall asleep faster and feel better.
15. Do not take sleeping pills. Sleeping pills are pills. The risk of intolerance and side effects make sleeping pills a bad idea.
16. Try to wake up at the same time. Always wake up at the same time. Even if you go to bed late, get up as usual. In the evening you want to sleep at the right time and go to bed on time. This will avoid drifting towards an unhealthy sleep schedule.
17. Indulge in routine before bed. Before going to bed, it is good to do routine activities. No phones, TV or internet.
18. Do not eat before bed. Heavy food will not promote sound sleep, but lighter food will make sleep sounder and more restful. But it is not recommended to eat 2-3 hours before bedtime.
19. If you can't sleep. Sometimes it is difficult to fall asleep when there are many thoughts in the head. If you can’t fall asleep for 30-60 minutes, then you should get up. Go to another room, drink warm milk, read a book, or take a warm bath. Gradually you will want to sleep.
20. Sleep during the day. A little nap during the day will be good for your physical condition. Have a siesta after dinner, which is popular in many countries. Sleep after dinner 20-60 minutes. This will help you sleep faster at night.
21. Sleep position. What is the optimal sleeping position? Sleeping on your stomach is not always good. This can contribute to neck and back pain. Sleeping on your side appeals to most people, but it's not the ideal position either. Sleeping on your back is the best option.
Good sleep is the foundation of your life. Are you still not getting enough sleep?