What to do if you are stuck at one level and there are no positive changes? You seem to be marking time in one place, but there are no positive changes. Nobel laureate and psychologist Daniel Kahneman called this life trap "the law of small numbers." Why do people fail in life, although they can achieve their goal in any business? All victories and defeats of a person are in his thinking. Often the reason for an unsuccessful life is errors in the thinking of the average person, which prevent him from being rational. Such errors are called "cognitive distortions" and one of the most polar among people is the belief in the law of small numbers.
An example of the fallacy of most people's thinking
Israeli-American psychologist Daniel Kahneman is one of the founders of behavioral economics. The psychologist was actively working on the "law of small numbers". What is the behavioral error of people and the law?
Suppose there is a bag with white and black chips, in which the number of the latter prevails. We take out three chips and they are all black. We decide that the whole bag of black chips is there. The other person draws 100 chips. He has 80 black chips and 20 white chips.
If black falls out several times, then we decide that black will fall out all the time and retreat. But the one who made a large sample found that there are also enough white chips. This is the law of small numbers. Statistics are more accurate when the sample is large. You can always find white chips in the bag if you make enough attempts.
How to achieve your goal in any business? How to achieve success in business and personal life?
1. Acquaintance with girls. Having approached several girls to get acquainted and having been refused, we stop trying. Although many experienced pick-up artists do not approach 10 girls a year, as you do, but 365. As a result, they manage to meet and have sex with 50 girls. Number of attempts 10 vs 365. The law of small numbers works.
2. Athletic appearance. After working out a couple of times, we decide that the sport is useless for a beautiful figure and does not work for us personally. Although he helped millions of people. The fact is that regular training and some effort are required.
3. Dream job. Failed a couple of interviews and decided to stay at the old job you hated? Another went to interviews for six months and landed the job of his dreams. Some even left for another city, but found their “white chip” and dream job.
4. Search for a family and dream girl. After breaking our hearts a couple of times with the wrong girls, we decide we can't find a great girlfriend. But a lot of guys who are no better than you find a girlfriend after 5 heartbreaks and become happy. It's all about perseverance and the number of attempts.
5. Success in business. One entrepreneur opened a business, but it did not work out for him. He dragged on a useless and unprofitable business for a long time, until he finally went bankrupt. Another gave up a hopeless business in time and began to try further. After the fourth launched business, everything worked out for him in the best way. The first was left with nothing, and the other became rich. The number of attempts is everything.
6. Accumulation of positive changes. Doing something, but it doesn't work? In any business, some critical mass of knowledge and action is needed, after which things will go uphill. This is part of the big puzzle when you use too little figurines. If you continue to put the puzzle together, then gradually the picture will be completed. This is the era of accumulation of positive changes. As soon as a critical mass is reached, everything will begin to form as it should.
Belief in the law of small numbers is the most popular cognitive distortion of people, which ruins their lives. The law of small numbers works in almost all cases. Success is achieved only where there is a large sample and a large number of attempts.
How to achieve your goal in any business? How to achieve success in business and with girls? Try to find your "white chips", and do not lower your nose after the next "black chip". There are always more "black chips" in life, but this is not a reason to give up in search of a dream. Don't let failure stop you.
And how many attempts did you make to achieve what you wanted? So few?